Pilates with Samantha
The human body is Samantha's passion. From a young age her involvement in bodywork has included gymnastics, ballet, yoga, gym training, running and Latin dance.
It is an interest that encourages her continual experimentation with new techniques. Samantha undertook her initial training under the tutelage of Alan Herdman. She has since trained with many other teachers including Karen Clippinger, Kelly McKinnon, Lynne Robinson and James d'Silva.
Samantha has experience of working with a wide range of clients. Her initial training focused strongly on remedial work and injury prevention. Since then she has also specialised in advanced training for elite athletes. Samantha takes private sessions at your home, clinic room or studio where she adapts the session to suit your individual requirements. She also runs studio-based sessions where she combines mat work and machine work.
Samantha has extensive experience in working on rehabilitation after injury or operation. She is equally experienced in working with clients such as dancers and athletes who require an intensive yet safe workout to maintain optimum fitness and prevent occupational injury.
These include an initial postural analysis, after which a programme will be devised according to your specific needs. The exercises will focus on improving posture, strengthening muscles, increasing flexibility and supporting/preventing injuries.
Home/clinic-based sessions include the very latest in mat work technique with the use of portable equipment where necessary. Home-based sessions are local to Crouch End and the surrounding area and are arranged at your convenience.
Studio-based sessions include mat work technique, portable equipment and the use of the Pilates machines.
- Standard One-to-One Mat work Session £50
- Duet Mat work Session £65
- One-to-One Machine Session £55
Prices relate to one hour sessions although longer sessions can be arranged. Contact Samantha on 077545 578 347 or email [email protected] to arrange a session.
She is always cheerful, extremely giving with her time and energy, and continually pushes you physically, whilst remaining sensitive to your individual limit.
I feel totally energised after each weekly session.
Teaching Pilates is not just a job for her; she genuinely cares about helping you make the most of your time together and the results speak for themselves.”
K Bhundia, North London
Samantha undertook her initial Pilates mat and machine training under the tutelage of the legendary Alan Herdman. She has also trained with Lynne Robinson, Karen Clippinger and Kelly McKinnon. She is a qualified Garuda® Apparatus, Barre, Foam Roller and Brick teacher and continues to study the technique under the guidance of James d'Silva.
Alan Herdman Pilates:
- Mat work
- Trapeze Table (Cadillac)
- Ladder Barrel
- Wunda Chair
- Swiss Ball
- Stability Roller
- Spine Corrector
- Anatomy & Physiology incl. Conditions
- Exercises for Seniors
- Specialising in Remedial and Restorative
Karen Clippinger M.S.P.E. Professor:
- Hip and Knee Mechanics on the Reformer
- Shoulder Mechanics, Alignment & Pilates Program Design (Reformer/Trapeze Table/Dyna Band)
- Sacroiliac Function & Pilates Exercise Design (Reformer/Trapeze Table/Swiss Ball/ Stability Roller)
Kelly McKinnon Gyrotonic®/Gyrokinesis® Master Trainer; Pilates Teacher & Master Trainer:
- Advanced Reformer Classes
- Advanced Exercises - Wunda Chair, Baby Arch, Spine Corrector, Stability Roller
Lynne Robinson Co-Founder & Director, Body Control Pilates Education:
- Pilates in Pregnancy 1: Antenatal
- Pilates in Pregnancy 2: Ante and Postnatal Programmes
Elizabeth Larkam, MS Ed:
- Proprioception: the Vestibular and Visual System
- Mat Practice and Teaching
James D'Silva, Garuda® Creator:
- Garuda® Apparatus Teacher Training
- Platform, Split-Platform, Chair Attachment
- Tensegrity - Diaphragm/Psoas and Weight Bearing
- Fascia Muscle Chains and Energy
- Garuda® Chakra - Foam Roller
- Garuda® Ballet Barre
- Garuda® Graha - Brick
Rebekah Rotstein, Buff Bones® Creator:
- Buff Bones® Instructor Training
- Complete matwork programme to support bone and joint concerns, including osteoporosis, arthritis, general back and neck pain